Rather than start the year on January 1st, I prefer kicking things off with the first full moon of the New Year. I usually begin with clearing a large space in my home, usually on my office floor, and a jar of very colorful pens that help me highlight and fill in my planners (yes, I have three) with goals and priorities that are supported by a lunar calendar. While I don’t always swing it, I try my best to see that my projects and schedule work in tandem with the eight phases of the moon and when I’m really on top of things I avoid making plans when the moon is void of course.
Tonight’s full moon is in the sensitive sign of Cancer making it not only ideal for divining, but also for activating and planning heartfelt work that supports the idea that including our emotional needs in our plans makes for happy outcomes. In order to maintain this focus I’ve created a Look Ahead casting sheet that features the twelve full moons of 2017. The aim is to have each full moon serve as snapshot reminders of what lies ahead. It’s also during the full moon that my projects become illuminated and reveal their greatest potential.
I invite you to give this casting sheet a try. It’s really very easy and just about any casting tool or deck of cards can be included. For this particular sheet I’m using the Magpie Oracle Keepsake Box. Here’s how it works:
I’ve always been fascinated with the many names people have given to the moon. For this casting sheet I’ve applied names assigned by Native American tribes, though you can customize your sheet by adding your own.
Once you’ve printed your casting sheet, write on the central moon image what it is you hope to achieve in 2017. Next, settle in and revisit what you wrote. Imagine how you would feel if and when you achieved your goals. From that perspective randomly select one to three charms for each full moon on your sheet.
Following are sample questions you can apply to your divination, though I encourage you to create questions that put you in direct alignment with your personal plans.
Once you finish the divination take a photo of it and keep the image on one of your devices as a screen saver. This way you can keep track of your progress.
- January 12, Wolf Moon in Cancer: What action will create security in my home, family and community?
- February 11, Snow Moon in Leo: How can I best lead the way towards achieving my goals?
- March 12, Worm Moon in Virgo: What is the order needed for manifesting my desired results?
- April 11, Pink Moon in Libra: What is the harmonious outcome that wants my attention?
- May 10, Flower Moon in Scorpio: What is ready to be renewed?
- June 9, Strawberry Moon in Sagittarius: How can I best move ahead with my adventure?
- July 9, Buck Moon in Capricorn: What aspect of my long term goal wants my attention?
- August 7, Sturgeon Moon in Aquarius: How can I stay open-minded to new possibilities when they are presented?
- September 6, Harvest Moon in Pisces: What is the most imaginative approach I can take?
- October 5, Hunters Moon in Aries: What’s my niche/brand/signature?
- November 4, Beaver Moon in Taurus: What am I ready to give the works to?
- December 3, Cold Moon in Gemini: How can I best adapt to changes coming my way?